OBC or Open Banking Coin is a digital currency that runs on the Ethereum blockchain and issued by FaizPay. FaizPay provides an alternative to card schemes (Visa / Mastercard, etc.) by leveraging Open Banking and PSD2 to provide direct bank-to-bank transfers. We aim to use this coin in FaizPay echo system to enable our merchants to accept it as a formal payment method in the future.
- Launch – May 2021
- Listing on Uni swap – June 2021
- Layer 2 Wallet for consumers – December 2021*
- Enabling CashBack for consumers in OBC – February 2021*
- Enabling OBC payment for selected merchants – March 2022*
- OBC Trading platform – July 2022*
- Enabling OBC payment for all merchants – December 2022*
- More coming soon
FaizPay as the company currently operates in the UK (expanding to the EU soon) to provide alternative payments to the card schemes (Visa / Mastercard etc) using the Open Banking platform. As a company, our success depends upon acquiring merchants. We are growing exponentially by acquiring new merchants and generating payment volume. At FaizPay, we believe we can make a real impact in the crypto space by utilising our existing and future merchant network. We aim to make OBC truly a global currency that is accepted by thousands of merchants in Europe and beyond. FaizPay Ltd holds 25% of OBC with 5% of its holding listed on Uniswap to create a liquidity pool against Ethereum. FaizPay will also be involved in selling/giving away (cashback / investing perk) OBC as required. All three founders firmly believe in OBC and currently hold 75% of the supply. The founder pledge not to liquidate our positions to flood the market and decrease the value for the retail and institution believers in the OBC.
OBC coins are currently hold by:
- 25 Million – 25% FaizPay
- 25 Million – 25% Faiz (Founder)
- 25 Million – 25% Stefan (Founder)
- 25 Million – 25% Gosia (Founder)