Step 1 – Installing the FaizPay Payment Gateway plugin for WooCommerce
Option 1 – Use the WordPress plugin directory
- Go to the Plugin tab of the WordPress dashboard
- Click on ‘Add new plugin’
- Search for FaizPay Payment Gateway
- Click ’Install’
- After it’s installed, click ‘Activate’
Option 2 – Upload a plugin as a zip file
- Download the FaizPay Payment Gateway plugin as a zip file from here.
- Go to the ‘Plugin’ tab of the WordPress dashboard
- Click on ‘Upload Plugin’
- Choose the zip file with the FaizPay Payment Gateway plug-in and click ‘Install now’
- You should get a message ‘The plugin has been successfully installed’
Step 2 – In the WP Dashboard, click on ‘WooCommerce’
- Go to ‘Settings’ in the ‘WooCommerce’ tab
- Click on the ‘Payment’ tab
- You should see a list of various payment gateways and FaizPay should be among them
- Click on the ‘Manage’ button next to FaizPay
- You will see the FaizPay Payment Gateway setup page including a place to copy Terminal ID and Terminal Secret from your FaizPay Merchant account. It’s also a place where you can access your Payment Notification URL and Redirect URL to copy to your FaizPay Merchant account (more details in Step 3)
Step 3 – Open a new window in the browser and go to: https://merchant.faizpay.com
- Create a new FaizPay merchant account or log into your existing FaizPay merchant account
- Once you set with your account, go to ‘Terminal’ tab
- In the ‘Terminal’ tab, click on the ‘+ New online terminal’ button
- Fill in the following fields:
- Name: With the name of your shop
- Payment Notification URL: Go back to the Payment tab in WooCommerce and copy the value next to Payment Notification URL. Then, paste it here.
- Redirect URL: Go back to the Payment tab in WooCommerce and copy the value next to Redirect URL. Then, paste it here.
- Click ‘Create’
- Within a split second, the following details should appear:
- Terminal ID
- Terminal Secret
- Copy each of those and go back the Payment tab in WooCommerce to paste those two values in the Terminal ID and Terminal Secret respectively.
- Click ‘Save changes”
You are good to go! Now you can take FaizPay payments in your WooCommerce shop.
The FaizPay Payment Gateway plugin for WooCommerce with the WooCommerce Multi Currency Premium plug-in
If you want to use FaizPay alongside other payment methods on your WooCommerce shop, you can do that with the WooCommerce Multi Currency Premium plug-in.
Once you have the WooCommerce Multi Currency Premium plug-in installed, go to ‘Settings’ (see the screenshot below).
In the ‘Settings’, go to the ‘Checkout’ tab. In the tab, click ‘Enable’ the following functionality: ‘Payment in many currencies’.
Then, under the ‘Checkout currency’ section, enable the GBP payments and under ‘Payment methods’ search for ‘FaizPay’ and add it as a tag.
Confirm the changes by clicking ‘Yes’ for ‘Change all checkout status’.
You are all set with the FaizPay Payment Gateway plug-in.